- What information do we collect about you?
- How will we use the information about you?
- Your rights
- Keeping your information
- How we secure your information
- How to contact us
What information do we collect about you?
At various times, we will be obliged to ask you, as a Crimson Hotels customer, for information about you and/or members of your family, such as:
- Contact details (for example: last name, first name, telephone number, email, address)
- Personal information (for example: date of birth, nationality)
- Information relating to your children (for example: first name, date of birth, age)
- Your credit card number (for transaction and reservation purposes)
- Your membership number if you are a member of our loyalty programme
- Your arrival and departure dates
- Your preferences and interests (for example: smoking or non-smoking room, preferred floor, type of bedding, type of newspapers/magazines, sports, cultural interests)
- Questions/comments, during or following your stay in one of our hotels
The information collected in relation to persons under 18 years of age is limited to their name, nationality and date of birth, which can only be supplied to us by an adult.
How will we use the information about you?
We use your information in a number of different ways; primarily to fulfil a contract and also provide excellent service to our customers – what we do depends on the information. The table below sets this out in detail, showing how we use the information we have collected for.
- To manage the reservation of rooms and accommodation requests along with other hotel services
- To manage your stay in the hotel, rooming lists, restaurant bookings, special requests and services
- To monitor your use of hotel services
- To manage invoicing and payment records
- To advise existing customers about similar services, that we think may be of interest
- To send marketing information to you if you have provided consent
- To improve hotel services and the guest experience, to join our marketing programmes, to assist with the promotion of our products and services
Information Relating to your Children
- Limited to name, nationality and DOB, only supplied by an adult to manage their stay in the hotel
Credit Card Number
- To guarantee bookings and take payment
Loyalty Membership Number
- To record the use of services and supply rewards
Arrival & Departure Dates
- To manage your reservation/booking
Preferences & Interests
- To enhance and personalise a guest’s stay with us and improve the services we offer
Comments & Feedback
- To collect information to improve our services and monitor customer experience.
You have rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this notice)
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data or in some circumstances stop processing it or collecting it
- The right to stop direct marketing messages and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing, at any time
- The right to request that we transfer or export elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint or have questions, please contact us. Details are in the contact us section at the end of this document.
Keeping your information
We will hold on to your information for as long as you have a booking with us and for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting.
We will also hold on to your information, if reasonably necessary or required, to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, to enforce our terms and conditions. We may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even if it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
How we secure your information
Crimson Hotels takes data security seriously, and we use appropriate technologies and procedures to protect personal information. Our information security policies and procedures are aligned with widely accepted international standards. We apply the controls detailed in the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) to all environments storing personal data. These standards are applied and are reviewed regularly and updated as necessary to meet our business needs, changes in technology, and regulatory requirements.
Policies and procedures
- We have measures in place to protect against accidental loss and unauthorised access, use, destruction, or disclosure of data
- We place appropriate restrictions on access to personal information
- We implement appropriate measures and controls, including monitoring and physical measures, to store and transfer data securely
- We conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA) in accordance with legal requirements and our business policies
- To protect your online transaction, we use SSL technology and your personal information will be automatically encrypted or encoded before being sent over the internet. When you enter a secure portion of our site an image of a closed lock should appear in your browser window. We undertake not to share any personal information provided by you with any third parties
Training for employees and contractors
- We provide privacy, information security and other applicable training on a regular basis for our employees who have access to personal information and other sensitive data
- We take steps to ensure that our employees and contractors, where possible, operate in accordance with our information security policies and procedures and any applicable contractual conditions
3rd party provider risk management
- We require, through the use of contracts and security reviews, our third-party providers to protect any personal information with which they are entrusted in accordance with our security policies and procedures
Data Sharing with Third Parties
We may share your personal information with external third parties for providing you with the requested services and improving your stay with us. Third party service providers may include (but is not limited to): associated brand management organisations, booking engine providers, IT subcontractors, commercial partners, and any authority which we are required by law to do so.
International Transfers of Data
We may transfer your personal information to recipients, internal or external, which may be located in countries with different levels of data protection.
We would like to send you information about related products and services of ours and other companies in our Group which may be of interest to you. If you are an existing customer we will have given you an opportunity to opt-out at check-in.
If you have consented to receive marketing, you can still opt out at a later date.
You have the right, at any time, to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your information to other members of Crimson Hotels. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
Our marketing is managed by a third party.
- (1) Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features
- (2) Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience
- (3) Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your experience as seamless as possible and more personal to you
- (4) Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Further information about cookies can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/. Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site.
Changes to how we protect your privacy
We may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data. If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on our website or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use our services.
How to contact us
- Have any questions or feedback about this notice
- Would like us to stop using your information
- Want to exercise any of your rights as set out above or have a complaint
You can contact the team by emailing us at:
Alternatively, you can write to us at:
Crimson Hotels Group – Data Protection